Friday, July 3, 2009

My Hurricane Katrina

Is the baby dead? The man on the t.v shook the little baby that didn't cry.I didn't know them.It was my birthday.Someone was born on 9/11.I had birthday cake.They had no water.I had life at 21.They lost their children.I had guilt.They had torture.The mother held the baby.She wouldn't let him go.Does she know that he's dead? Does she know her baby's dead? I'm not sure.I had birthday cake.They had roof-top sanctuaries.I had electric off for two weeks and no shower.They had no food and water for longer.Some died of thirst and desease.The president partied somewhere.I changed that day. It may not be related,but that's the day I began to change. My own life was crumbling away,and I tried to be apreciative of what I had,but I had already given all I had away.

No comments:

Post a Comment